Pages

30.7.10

24/30 violette: a taste of september


This morning it was chilly. It reminded me of going back to school. Of course, I won't. It's been 4 years since I gratuated from university. But I still have this "return to school" feeling when the temperatures drop in the night, making the morning a little colder, but then the temperatures rise during the day. To me, this is typical return to school. And this also makes me think of new clothes and shoes (did I tell you I can't wait to shop!?), new routine (it seems like life returns to "normal" in September), and the beginning of automn. Automn is my favorite season. So this morning gave me a sneak preview of automn and I can't wait.

This weekend I'm going to Osheaga festival. It's my favorite festival in Montreal (the summer in Montreal is almost a ridiculous succession of festivals...!). AND it sure is the place where the people look stylish. I mean, really. You can even find articles like this on how to dress at Osheaga! I can't compete with all those trendy and edgy kids, but I like taking mental notes of their outfits to get inspired. That being said, I'm not sure if I'll stick to the 30 for 30 during the weekend. I don't know yet what I'm going to wear... expect a major panic attack tomorrow morning haha! But I'll take pictures, and you'll see my outfits, challenge or not. I'll be back on monday!

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Did you see the cat hanging out of the roof part of the terrace (4th picture)?! She's making me go crazy, I'm scared one day she decides to jump off the roof!
***

Ce matin il faisait plus frais. Ça m'a rappelé le retour à l'école. Bien sûr, je ne retourne pas à l'école. Il y a déjà 4 ans que j'ai terminé l'université. Mais j'ai encore ce sentiment de «retour à l'école» quand les températures diminuent durant la nuit, faisant en sorte que le matin soit frais, puis remontent durant le jour. Pour moi, c'est vraiment le moment typique du retour à l'école. Et ça me fait aussi penser à de nouveaux vêtements et souliers (est-ce que je vous ai dit que j'ai hâte d'aller magasiner?!), à une nouvelle routine (on dirait que la vie redevient "normale" au retour du mois de septembre) et au début de l'automne. L'automne est ma saison favorite. Donc, ce matin m'a donné un aperçu de l'automne et j'ai déjà hâte!

Je vais au festival Osheaga en fin de semaine. C'est mon festival favori à Montréal (on dirait que l'été, Montréal est une succession quasi-ridicule de festivals...!) ET c'est clairement la place où les gens ont du style. Je veux dire, vraiment. Vous pouvez même trouver des articles comme ceci où on vous explique comment vous habiller au Osheaga! Je ne peux pas compétitionner avec ces jeunes «trendy» et «edgy», mais j'aime bien prendre des notes mentales de ce qu'ils portent pour m'inspirer. Cela dit, je ne sais pas si je vais continuer le 30 en 30 durant la fin de semaine. Je n'ai toujours pas décidé de ce que j'allais porter... on peut s'attendre à crise de panique majeure demain matin haha! Mais je vais prendre des photos, et vous verrez mes tenues, 30 en 30 ou pas. Je serai de retour lundi!

Passez une belle fin de semaine!

P.S. Avez-vous vu le chat qui se ballade sur le toit (4e photo)?! Elle est en train de me rendre folle, j'ai peur qu'elle décide de sauter en bas!

5 comments:

  1. As long as you don't get out of Osheaga as a sarcastic hipster, I allow you to use other items than the initial selection. :)

    ps are you really sure the cat can actually pass through the bars? i mean, have you looked at her? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. God after looking at the pictures more carefully, she does get to the other side!

    you should put her on a leash so she doesn't get too far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T'inquiète, je suis ben trop francophone pour devenir hipster! ;)

    I saw the cat passing through the bars... you know how she does it?! It's a three trial thing! She has to take 3 jumps to go on one side or the other! If I see her again, I'll take a video, it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! Definitely a good inspiration for when I go back to school in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très bon choix pour l'occasion. La veste jaune tranche sur le gris et le marine, et le collier ainsi que le foulard y ajoutent le style. Va vraiment devoir faire qqc pour garder ce chat sur la terrasse.
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete