Rose, the technology specialist of the duo, answered the questions this week.
1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...)
Rose: I use my laptop, my DSLR camera, a tripod and a remote. Very handy. Although I often put more thought into trying to hide the remote rather than posing pretty.
2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)
Rose: we use Blogger because most fashion bloggers use it, but we’re thinking about switching to Wordpress. I already use Wordpress for my other blog and I have to say, I have a hard time dealing with Blogger. Wordpress is much more user friendly and intuitive, in my opinion. As for the edition tool, we use the basic Picasa options - when I feel wild, I steal my boyfriend’s computer and use Adobe Photoshop Elements.
3. What is your process for taking pictures?
Rose: At the rare occasion where I do take pictures, I refresh my hair and make-up and that’s it. Since we’re authentic bloggers, we don’t have to change for the photo shoots because it’s the actual clothes we wore during the day, so there’s not much going on there. I just stand in front of my camera, press the button, and smile. I try to do it at the moment where I get home because I usually can’t stand keeping my working clothes on, I usually change into jeans and t-shirt for the evening.
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
Rose: well, living in Montreal does not make this task easy. Puffy winter coats alert! Since we both get off work past dawn (that’s 5:30PM for you westerners), pictures have to be taken inside. But in the summer it’s much more fun because we can explore our neighborhood and try to find original locations. I have this school near my apartment that I like to go to.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
Rose : more clothes? That’s equipment, right? :)