Pages

14.12.11

Beauty Talk: Makeup and Acne

Based on the 3 million views of this video by DiamondsAndHeels14 on YouTube, you have probably already seen it, but I had to share it with you. 


This girl is truly amazing (and very talented in makeup application). It must take a lot of courage to do a video like that. Honestly, I would not be able to do it. As an acne sufferer myself, I rarely never go out without any makeup on (except maybe on days when I'm sick and I have to get to the hospital). 

I really wanted to share this video with you is because it shows how makeup can do miracles for your self-esteem. We always hear about those "makeup free" days and how we must accept ourselves for what we are and bla bla blah. But let me tell you: makeup can act like a pair of bright red pumps or sexy skinny jeans. Of course, too much makeup doesn't look good, as too much cleavage or too tight clothes won't look good. But makeup should not be considered as bad per se. I guess this is my point. Don't judge the girl with makeup. If you happen to have pretty skin, good for you. But for some girls, especially those with acne or other skin problems, makeup, more than an accessory (because I do think makeup can be a very cool accessory, as a necklace or a scarf), can actually be empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment